For much of the last decade I have straddled 2 professions, as a trial lawyer for accident victims and the criminally accused, and as a writer of legal columns, Dale Gribow On the Law, and as a guest society columnist for the Desert Sun.
I have been listed in over 50 Who’s Who and related biographies. My stellar professional reputation, combined with my philanthropy and community involvement in both Beverly Hills and Palm Springs, has led both communities to recognize me on numerous occasions.
I have served on the boards of more than 40 charitable organizations while serving as Chairman or President of over a dozen nonprofits. I am proud of my commitment to the community, and I participate in and belong to dozens of charitable and community organizations.
My dedication to excellence in everything from my legal practice to my charitable pursuits has led Beverly Hills and Palm Desert to recognize me by declaring DALE GRIBOW DAY 4 times, including the City of Palm Desert and the City of Hope. Despite my past accomplishments, my work ethic ensures that the achievement that is most on my mind is winning the case with which I am currently involved, whether it is related to an accident or DUI.
I pride myself on turning wrongs into rights as I represent the seriously injured and those criminally accused of DUIs for over 30 years.
My boutique practice has aggressively pursued claims against irresponsible drivers, as well as the bars, clubs, restaurants, or other entities that supply alcohol when the offender is visibly intoxicated. Over the years, my office and my associates have tried or settled accident cases totaling almost 50 million dollars as I advocate for wronged people and the injured. I serve my clients with professionalism and legal excellence and built a reputation for success that is known throughout the Coachella Valley and California. Some of the critical components of my success are a strong work ethic, integrity, compassion, and reliability. However, I am not interested in resting on my reputation. I want to show you how my experience can work for you and get results. The depth of understanding that I have gained during these many years is applied to every case I undertake.
My experience and knowledge of the law are evident in a variety of ways. I have shared legal information through lectures and by my weekly legal column and radio shows in newspapers. I am the legal analyst/commentator that local radio and TV news programs turn to when they are covering national and local legal proceedings. He was also selected as the first guest Society Reporter for the Desert Sun paper for which he has written for years. I warn my legal column readers “Don’t drink, drive, or text. Call a taxi, Uber, or Lyft. It is a lot cheaper than having an accident or being arrested and then calling me.”
I am sometimes referred to as a criminal defense lawyer, however, I choose to not view my clients as “criminals”, preferring to view them, and more importantly to treat them, as good, honest people who have found themselves in a scary and unfortunate situation.
In November 2013 I spoke before CVAG’s Public Safety Committee on drunk driving. The organization is made up of the Sheriff of Riverside County and the police chief and mayor or councilperson for each Coachella Valley city, as well as a CHP and Border Patrol representative. My proposal of a Blue Ribbon Committee was adopted in December 2013 and I am the only lawyer selected to the committee to discuss drunk driving. I was prompted by a wrongful death case I was handling for the family of a deceased 26-year-old who was jogging and hit by a drunk driver in October 2013. I suggested this Blue Ribbon Committee as a result of the positive outcomes of several prestigious Blue Ribbon Committees to which I had been selected in the past. In 2012, the city of Palm Desert selected me to join an exclusive 5-person committee to evaluate the compensation of all Palm Desert City Council members.
I have been president or chairman of the board of a dozen nonprofits. Most recently, I served as the President of the Institute for Critical Care Medicine 911+; the President of the Children’s Discovery Museum/Discovery Partners and President of the Trojan Club of the Desert. I was also appointed to the board of advisors of a local bank in Palm Desert as well as numerous civic committees by the city of Palm Desert. My law firm was the drop-off point for Hurricane Katrina relief, and with Hurricane Sandy, my wife and I were instrumental in putting on an event to raise money.
Having learned from my father that it is important to help those that can not help themselves, I was the founder of CADS, BHMC, and the Scopus Society of the Hebrew University.
I have chaired numerous dinners: Larry King’s, President Ford’s, Ann Margaret’s, Fred MacMurray’s, and June Haver’s. I have been both a political and legal commentator for radio shows (Talk Politics) and have guest-hosted election night coverage.
- California, 1969
- Supreme Court of California, 1970
- The U.S. Federal Courts, 1970
- The U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- The U.S. Tax Court, 1983
- Bachelor of Arts - The University of Southern California, 1965
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - Loyola Law School, 1968
- Post Graduate Studies - USC & UCLA School of Law
Professional Associations & Former/Past Memberships
- Palm Desert Rotary Noon Club
- Institute for Critical Care Medicine 911+
- Children’s Discovery Museum/Discovery Partners
- Canyon National Bank Board of Advisors in Palm Springs
- Consumer Attorneys of the Inland Empire
- Republican State Central Committee
- Chain des Rotisseurs: Baillage Du Beverly Hills Charge de Missions
- PD Civic Fine Arts
- PD Police Advisory Board
- Top Lawyer - California’s Prestige Magazine, Palm Springs Life (PI/DUI) 2011-2020
- Top Lawyer - Inland Empire Magazine 2016- 2019
- Perfect 10.0 AVVO Peer Rating
- “Preeminent” Rating - Martindale Hubbell Legal Directory
- Best Attorneys of America Selected by “Rue” (Limited to Top 100 Attorneys/state)
- 10 Best Attorneys for California
- 7/19 Nominated Acquisition International's Acclaimed Legal Awards
- 7/19 DUI LAW "10 BEST ATTORNEY" (CA)
- 5/30/19 Selected by Continental Who's Who of Top Attorney (Aligned with Forbes) as the Principal Professional of the Year
- 2018 & 2019 LAWYERS OF DISTINCTION
- 2017 & 2018 A FEW GOOD MEN - Selected by Ronald McDonald House (declined)
- 7/18 "10 Best High Verdict and Settlement Winners" for California
- 5/19 TOP ATTORNEYS NORTH AMERICA
- 4/9/18 Professional Who's Who in American Law 2018
- 4/6/18 Selected one of the "10 BEST ATTORNEYS" for California by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys.
- 1/2/18 Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award: selected
- 12/17 Honored as one of CV Weekly's Top 5 Power Couples for 2017
- Business Person of the Year, California Senate 2002
- Graduate/Valedictorian Speaker LCV Leadership Coachella Valley
- 2017 Selected to National Association of Distinguished Counsel (Nations Top 1%) Joining CA Attorneys: Tom Girardi, Robert Shapiro, John Gomez & Lisa Bloom
- Invited to be a guest speaker at Consumer Attorneys of California's annual convention
- Honored by Banning Police Department with a badge as Executive Council Attorney
- Selected Top Lawyer by PS Life every year as well as Inland Empire Magazine
- Named Superb AVVO Legal Peer rating by fellow attorneys
- Recognized with the City of Hope Fellowship Award